Introducing: Last Chance – dead or alive
I have mentioned several times over the past little bit that my plan, now that I’ve wrapped work on all things On the Verge related, is to jump into my next big comics project. And while I’m a little bit sad to be putting OTV to the side while I work on something else, I really am excited about my new project.
So over the past two days, I finally shared just what my next project is over on my main website. But I wanted to post something here because I think if you’ve enjoyed OTV and my artwork over the past six years, then you’ll probably really like my next project as well. So without further ado, please take a look at Last Chance – dead or alive.
You can read the complete rundown of just how I arrived at this whole story and check out some of the concept art that I’ve done so far, but I think there are a couple of high level points that are worth sharing here with anyone who has been following OTV:
- First off, I’ve been slowly developing this story for three years now and that means that I’ve got the scripts pretty much finished off (they could always use more edits) and I’ve done a pile of research and gathering of reference materials. I’ve been doing this in spare moments and/or when I come across something that I liked or thought was relevant.
- I’m just jumping into actually doing character and environmental designs. So as far as the art goes, it’s very early days and you can follow the progress as everything takes shape. As you guys know, I just wrapped up the Butterman. So this is the next thing in line.
- If you like my #makecomics posts, they’ll probably be focused on Last Chance for the next while.
- My plan is to post everything for free on my site – just like I have with OTV. So if you’ve enjoyed reading along, I’ve got more comics for you to read.
- And finally, I want to keep this site focused on OTV, so if you’re interested in Last Chance, head on over to my main site for more information.
Just to elaborate on that last point…
Back at the start of the year, I redesigned my main website and I wrote about how I wanted to centralize everything there on that site. Having a separate site for OTV and now Last Chance (let along Andrew Jackson and whatever else I happen to come up with) just doesn’t make a lot of sense. So everything that I have done since the new site launched has been posted to my blog on jsnsmith.com and as I shift my focus from OTV to Last Chance, I’ll be posting more content to that blog. Now if you like OTV and you’re not interested in Last Chance, that’s not a problem! I will continue to post all OTV related things here on this blog. So nothing OTV is changing.
Anyway, I’m hoping that you guys are a little bit interested in my new stuff. I’m super excited by what I’ve put together so far and I can’t wait to share more. Now I better get off to work, there’s comics that need making!
Source: On the Verge