Ok, so anyone who has been following along for the past month will have heard me say quite a bit that it’s been nutty, crazy, insanely busy. And it has. I was so busy with absolutely everything else, that OTV got shelved and that hasn’t happened in a couple of years. Luckily I’ve got a good buffer of pages at this point and things kept plugging along with the weekly posts – infact, I managed to 7 pages this month (two full spreads, the double pages from Oct. 21 and then this past Tuesday’s post) as well as the OTV short story TALL TALES & VISITATIONS. So whatever else DIDN’T affect OTV and that’s really important to me.
So what the hell was taking all my time up?
It honestly got to the point where I had to start a spreadsheet just to keep everything straight. The big thing that took a TON of time was my wife and I are in the process of buying our first house! It’s super exciting but at the same time a lot of work and running around. On top of that, my day job has picked up as the end of the year is approaching and everyone seems to want their projects completed. And then I got busy doing A LOT of freelance. How much? Here’s a quick rundown of some of the projects that I was working on:
- There’s the UNLAWFUL GOOD anthology which is still being designed (and don’t forget that Kickstarter that was running).
- I was busy illustrating Brian Visaggio’s short story THE SISTERS which I’ve mentioned several times over the past month. I’m just putting the finishing touches on that one and that means I’ll get back to work on OTV pages soon!
- I was working on this giant report for a client who I do quite a bit of work for.
- I designed and coded a website…
- And then even more design… a presentation folder, more web stuff, image editing, some typography design, envelopes, letterhead and there were a bunch of other small things in there too.
It was kinda nutty there for a while. And now I’m heading to San Diego on Tuesday morning for work. So yeah, it doesn’t look to be slowing down at all.
Anyway, I just want to say a big thank you to everyone for tuning in every Tuesday and reading along. Just seeing you guys keep coming back makes me want to start up work on new OTV pages! So thank you and I’ll try to stop doing quite so much work and saying that I’m “busy”!
And just to finish this post off, here are some pictures that I posted while I was working on The Sisters. Lots of ink going down!